This salsa is a great way to enjoy summer peaches. It is fresh and full of flavor and I recommend it served with grilled fish. It is also a great appetizer when served with warm tortilla chips.
Tips about peaches:
- Select peaches that are free of bruises and have a deep, fruity aroma.
- If fruit is to be used immediately, select peaches that yield to gentle pressure along their seams and are slightly soft; avoid any that feel very soft.
- Ripen firm peaches in loosely closed paper (not plastic) bag at room temperature for 1 to 2 days; check daily for ripeness. Peaches are ripe when they yield to gentle pressure.
- While fresh peaches may be served chilled or at room temperature, their flavor intensifies at room temperature.
- 3 ripe organic peaches, peeled, pitted, and medium diced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 ripe heirloom tomato medium diced
- 1 fresh Poblano Chili, grilled, seeded and small diced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey (warmed)
Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl. Chill at least 2 hours before serving.
-Robert Nyerick, Executive Chef