Looking to spice up your side dish? This corn recipe is well-suited to accompany the bold flavors of barbecue. We incorporate parsley and cilantro that is grown here at the resort and serve it with specials for lunch and dinner. Personally, I like this dish because the roasted flavor is more complex and stands up to grilled foods. Roasting the jalapeno adds flavor and makes the heat less harsh. It’s much more than just a mixed cold-style salsa.
- 1 small red onion, cut small dice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Juice of 2 limes
- 4 jalapeño chiles, Roasted, seeded and finely chopped
- 4 medium heirloom tomatoes, cut small dice
- 2 large fresh ears of corn, Roasted, Cut off kernals
- 1 bunch cilantro and parsley, chopped fine
Place the chopped onion in a bowl, sprinkle with the salt, squeeze the lime juice over, and set aside for 15 to 20 minutes. Add the chopped chiles, tomatoes, corn, parsley and cilantro to the onion mixture, and stir. Serve.