We are SO. HOT. And we should be. C’mon, we live in the desert here at Miramonte Resort and Spa. Summer temps rise and all we want to do is grab a water bottle and crank the A/C.
Today Chef Robert had an idea. Why don’t we feature a dish that is simple, full of flavor, light, and doesn't require the use of an oven?! We thought (and we often think) he had a brilliant suggestion. We can’t wait to run by the market on our way home tonight, and after a quick bit of chopping and stirring…viola. Dinner will be served.
For the Ahi Tuna Tartar Salad recipe and method, see below.
Ahi Tuna Tartar Salad Recipe:
5 oz. Ahi tuna diced to ¼”
½ oz. lemon aioli
¼ avocado dice ¼”
1 oz tiny or baby greens
½ oz. chili oil
½ oz lemon oil
¼ preserved lemon peel (can be found in International aisle)
½ oz. extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper
1. In a mixing bowl, add diced tuna, lemon aioli, ½ of chili oil and ½ lemon oil, diced avocado, and ½ of the diced lemon peel. Mix all ingredients until combined. Do not over-mix. Salt and pepper to taste.
2. Fill small form (a biscuit cutter, or smaller washed out soup can will do the trick!). with mixture. Pack gently into form with the back of a spoon.
3. Turn out form onto plate. Garnish with remaining chili and lemon oil.
4. Toss greens with olive oil, salt and pepper, and remaining preserved lemon peel.
5. Top tuna mixture with greens blend.
6. Top greens tossed with olive oil and a dash of salt and pepper. For extra flare, add julienned preserved lemon peel around plate.